CASA of Jefferson and Gilpin Counties provides multiple ways for you to support your community through our CASA events. Whether through fundraising events, community outreach, or volunteer training, you can make a difference today!
When we work together, incremental giving creates monumental change.
Upcoming CASA Activities
- COLORADO GIVES DAY was a WONDERFUL success! On December 5th, we raised over $60,000! With these funds we will be able to add an additional 50 volunteers to the program and provide advocates to approximately 65 children. THANK YOU!!
- 2017 Holiday Giving Tree – Help make the holidays special by donating new toys, gifts or gift cards for children involved in CASA Jeffco/Gilpin and the Jefferson County Human Services’ child welfare. To sign-up, contact Jill Gimbel at 303.271.6509, JillGimbel@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com. A special thanks to the CCU Baseball Team for helping!
Annual CASA Events
- 2018 Champions for Children Breakfast – Mark your calendar for Thursday, April 12th, 2018 from 7:30-8:30am at the Denver West Marriott. We are currently looking for Table Captains and Sponsors to help us make this a great event! If you are interested or would like more information, contact the CASA office at 303.271.6535 or Melissa Hellmuth at MelissaHellmuth@casajeffcogilpin.com.
- 2017 A Night For CASA was a HUGE SUCCESS!! It was a wonderful night in celebration of the impact CASA has made over the years serving abused and neglected children. With a energetic packed room, over $118,000 was raised!! Thank you to everyone who made this event possible and thank you for sharing our passion for supporting vulnerable children in Jefferson and Gilpin Counties! Mark your calendars for the 2018 A Night for CASA: September 29th, 2018.
CASA Volunteer Training
- The next CASA Volunteer training is scheduled for January/February 2018. More information can be found on our volunteer training page. This training will be a learning course and includes approximately 35 hours of class time, class assignments, in-person classroom training, court observation and a Swearing-In Ceremony. Please contact Kathy Drulard at 303.271.6537, Kathy@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com or Heather Tooker at 303.271.6542, Heather@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com for more information.
CASA in the Community
- Denver Mattress Firm Foster Kids – Throughout the year, Mattress Firm Foster Kids will hold drives at its Denver-area stores to collect items and raise funds to help thousands of local foster children. Thank you Mattress Firm for donating clothing, toys, shoes and school supplies for our CASA kids!
- CASA Jeffco/Gilpin was chosen by Empress 44 Rosa Marie Sugarbaker to be a year-long beneficiary of her efforts with the Imperial Court of the Rocky Mountain Empire. Thank you, Rosa Marie Sugarbaker, for your support!
You can help spread the word about the vital work CASA Jeffco/Gilpin is doing for abused and neglected children in our community. For more information, contact the CASA office at 303.271.6535 or Melissa Hellmuth at MelissaHellmuth@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com.
- Host an “CASA Open House” reception to personalize the giving experience while supporting CASA Jeffco/Gilpin. Put on your party planner hat and host a cocktail reception fundraiser in your home. The purpose of the event is to introduce your friends, colleagues and acquaintances to the program you believe in. It’s the perfect way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions, while spreading the word about the need for CASA volunteers in our community.
- CASA Jeffco/Gilpin welcomes opportunities to speak at Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, MOPS, church groups, Lions Clubs, and other community organizations and gatherings.