CASA of Jefferson and Gilpin Counties provides multiple ways for you to support your community through our CASA events. Whether through fundraising events, community outreach, or volunteer training, you can make a difference today!
When we work together, incremental giving creates monumental change.
Annual CASA Events
- A Night for CASA 2017: What a special night it will be! Because of our supporters, more than 2,700 children in our community have benefited from having a Court Appointed Special Advocate, a CASA volunteer. We look forward to seeing everyone at this years “A Night for CASA” – September 23, 2017.
- We are now collecting silent & live auction items! To donate or for more information, contact Jill Gimbel at 303.271.6509 or JillGimbel@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com.
- Champions for Children Breakfast: The 2017 Champions for Children Breakfast event was a huge success! With a packed room, we raised over $53,000 – that will help CASA support 44 volunteers! Thank you to everyone who made this event possible including our Sponsors, Table Captains, speakers and guests. For more information about getting involved with the next breakfast event, contact Melissa Hellmuth at 303.271.6535 or MelissaHellmuth@casajeffcogilpin.com.
Previous CASA Activities
- 2016 Holiday Giving Tree: Through our annual Giving Tree partnership with the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF), CASA provided holiday gifts to 1,000 foster children & 421 families! Thank you to the volunteers and organizations that made this possible!
- Colorado Gives Day was a HUGE success: Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s Colorado Gives Day and supported CASA Jeffco/Gilpin. With 132 donors, and a major gift, we raised $61,695 in 24 hours. With these funds we will be able to add an additional 50 volunteers to the program and provide advocates to approximately 65 children.
CASA Volunteer Training
- The next CASA Volunteer training is scheduled for July 2017. More information can be found on our volunteer training page. This training will be a learning course and includes approximately 35 hours of class time, class assignments, in-person classroom training, court observation and a Swearing-In Ceremony. Please contact Kathy Drulard at 303.271.6537, Kathy@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com for more information.
CASA in the Community
- Denver Mattress Firm Foster Kids – Throughout the year, Mattress Firm Foster Kids will hold drives at its Denver-area stores to collect items and raise funds to help thousands of local foster children. Thank you Mattress Firm for donating clothing, toys, shoes and school supplies for our CASA kids!
- Colorado Business Women – CASA is proud to be the CBW Charity of Choice for 2016. Thank you for raising funds and awareness for our organization.
You can help spread the word about the vital work CASA Jeffco/Gilpin is doing for abused and neglected children in our community.
- Host an “CASA Open House” reception to personalize the giving experience while supporting CASA Jeffco/Gilpin. Put on your party planner hat and host a cocktail reception fundraiser in your home. The purpose of the event is to introduce your friends, colleagues and acquaintances to the program you believe in. It’s the perfect way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions, while spreading the word about the need for CASA volunteers in our community. Contact Melissa Hellmuth at 303.271.6539.
- CASA Jeffco/Gilpin welcomes opportunities to speak at Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, MOPS, church groups, Lions Clubs, and other community organizations and gatherings. Contact Melissa Hellmuth at 303.271.6539.