Experience the satisfaction of helping children in need. CASA volunteers are ordinary people who do extraordinary things for our community’s most vulnerable children. By dedicating 3-4 hours per week, every CASA volunteer makes a difference in the life of a child. Learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer with CASA of Jefferson and Gilpin Counties.
CASA Jeffco/Gilpin Needs Volunteers Like You!
Looking forward to a meaningful way to volunteer in Jefferson County or Gilpin County in Colorado? Dedicated, highly trained volunteers are the cornerstone of CASA of Jefferson and Gilpin Counties’ (CASA Jeffco/Gilpin) program. They perform a key role in breaking the cycle of child abuse.
“I think my greatest reward from being a CASA volunteer is knowing that in some small way, I’ve helped plant seeds of hope in the life of a child. Simple, but true.” –Jodi Gault
CASA Jeffco/Gilpin relies on over 200 volunteers, but we need many more. There simply are not enough CASA volunteers to go around – only 34% of cases typically are covered. Studies show that children who are assigned a CASA volunteer have fewer relocations in foster placement and end up in safe, permanent homes more quickly than children without CASA volunteers.
CASA Jeffco/Gilpin volunteers:
- Are appointed officers of the court
- Work alongside attorneys and case workers
- Visit children weekly to provide support and guidance
- Talk to teachers, neighbors, doctors, and case workers
- Compile information about their cases
- Report back to judges on a regular basis
Perhaps, more importantly, CASA volunteers offer a consistent and caring adult presence in the lives of the children they serve.
CASA Volunteer Requirements
Because CASA volunteers are assigned to just one or two cases at a time, they develop meaningful relationships with children in crisis–children who are often overlooked.
CASA volunteers must be at least 21 years old and pass a background check. CASA volunteers receive 30-40 hours of training before they are assigned to a case, which lasts on average 18 months. The next CASA volunteer training is scheduled for January/February 2018.
Right now there is a child in your community who needs your help! You can be the difference, become a CASA volunteer!
For information about CASA Jeffco/Gilpin’s upcoming training opportunities, please contact Kathy Drulard at 303.271.6537, Kathy@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com or Heather Tooker at 303.271.6542, Heather@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com.
How to Apply to Become a CASA Volunteer
Apply to become a CASA volunteer with CASA Jeffco/Gilpin, following these easy steps:
- Download and read the CASA volunteer job description to gain a full understanding of the role.
- Download the upcoming January/February training schedule and tentatively mark your calendar.
- Complete the CASA Volunteer Application.
- If you have questions, contact Kathy Drulard at 303.271.6537 or Heather Tooker at 303.271.6542.
- Submit the application to: Fax 303.271.6547 or Address: CASA Jeffco/Gilpin, 100 Jefferson County Parkway, Suite 1536, Golden, CO 80401
*Please note that all prospective volunteers need to submit an application and complete the interview process prior to being invited to training.