While CASA of Jefferson and Gilpin Counties is always seeking new volunteer advocates to stand up for abused and neglected children, we offer a variety of volunteer opportunities that might fit your interests and schedule better. Check out these alternative options to volunteer and make a difference in your community:
- Truancy Special Advocates: Appointed to children who are in the court system due to truancy (school attendance) issues.
- External Consultants for Permanency Round Tables: Collaborate with Human Services case workers, attorneys, and other professionals to facilitate the permanency planning process by identifying realistic solutions to permanency obstacles for youth when parental rights have been terminated.
- File Mining CASA volunteers (Life Long Connections): Look through (mine) case files to identify permanent connections for youth in long-term foster care.
- Credit Remediation for Foster Youth: Assist in reading and reviewing credit reports and identifying potential errors and signs of identity theft for youth in foster care.
- CASA’s Fostering Futures: Offers youth in the system resources, opportunities and tools to increase their resiliency and build their independent living skills, regardless of whether they will emancipate from care, return home or find other permanent guardians.
- Kids in Court: Transport children to and from court hearings, even when there is no CASA appointed to the case.
- Matching Project: Collaborate with Human Services and other professionals in the matching process to select the best adoptive family for a child/sibling group in cases where parental rights have been terminated.
- Ambassadors: Help “Spread the Word” about CASA by participating in community events, helping to host recruitment booths, assisting with public presentations and aiding in the search for a connection with community partners.
- Special Events & Projects: Assist with the Giving Tree Program, A Night For CASA, Champions for Children Breakfast, and other CASA-related events.
- Office Assistance: Share your talents in our office.
Contact Vicki Pyne, Program Manager, at Vicki@CASAJeffcoGilpin.com or (303) 271-6538 to learn more about these volunteer opportunities.